Monday, May 04, 2009

Test Shot using Sigma 18-200mm Lens

* PICTURE:

Kite

* CAMERA SETTINGS:

Camera: Nikon D40
Exposure: 0.003 sec (1/400)
Aperture: f/6.3
Focal Length: 200 mm
ISO Speed: 200
Exposure Bias: 0 EV
Flash: No Flash

* WRITE UP:

Here comes my test shot using the new Sigma 18-200mm OS HSM lens I purchased for approximately 23k from Mumbai. After days of reading all the possible reviews of the lens on the internet and waiting impatiently for it to arrive, I finally got a chance to test fire it.

Well, the pictures didn't turn out to be that interesting as the reviews or the users mentioned in their writeups. Maybe, it was because I was too impatient & with illness, I couldn't stay perfectly still to capture the best image possible. All my fault. LOL.

This picture was taken from my window as soon as I got up from bed in afternoon & felt a bit better from the fever. Spotted the 'Kite' flying in search of food and I knew I had to grab the camera, fix up the new lens from the box and shoot the best one I could possibly find.

So there you go! After seeing the picture on the camera screen, I was not at all impressed. So, I transferred the image to my computer and found that the image wasn't tact sharp. I forgot to keep the OS ~ Optical Stability button engaged prior to the shoot. Also, I could find the "Purple Fringe" on the bird's feather. Not good mate, I cursed myself.

I played with it in Photoshop and cropped the image so that it appears fairly large and used "Unsharp Mask" filter to make it a bit more sharper. The outcome is the picture mentioned above. I hope everyone likes it, least to say!

No comments: