Saturday, April 18, 2009

Are bad times here to stay???

Today is Saturday and really a bad way to spend this weekend which started on a bad note! Yes, really a bad bad way... All my plans for this weekend is going awry and I've no control to stop it. Oh, how I pity myself in such times. Since, another friend of mine had an accident and has now been operated for a broken right leg, which would keep him off for some 3 months!

The other friend who meet with an accident on the way to Mt. Abu has been brought back to the city and is in another hospital, after all the operation done on his injured head. Time and work never permitted me to go and meet him and today I need to go to both the hospitals to meet both of them. One is approximately 8 kms away and the other one 25 kms away.

Gosh! the heat is hovering over 42 degrees, people driving around like maniacs and getting into heated arguments & ugly fist fights at traffic junctions over minor issues. I'm not sure if its heat or the frustration of the people which tend to drive them crazy over petty issues?

Another major issue that is bothering me is my own inability to go to Delhi and attend my friend's marriage which was screwed due to this heat and work load back in office. What ever the reason be, I missed a splendid wedding and travel opportunity after being cooped in a cubicle since the last 8 months with eyes glued to a computer screen!

Further, since I missed the marriage, I also missed my much awaited Sigma 18-200mm lens which was supposed to be delivered on the way to Delhi by my buddy. And, this lens is the one which gives me sleepless nights; as I just can't seem to keep my thoughts drifting away on the pictures I'm planning to take with it. Oh God, show a miracle and sent the lens to me asap or else it will convert me into a zombie, a maniac...

And finally, I still haven't received my new Sports Riding Jacket as some freak at the airport messed up with the luggage and all the belongings including the jacket is lying in a Singapore Airport Baggage Lot awaiting its flight back to India! Its been two days since their last dispatch date and I still haven't received the jacket :( Gosh, how painful it is to endure such mishaps while you're really expecting things like a small kid...

Alas, all I can do now is to pray for some miracle or good news! AMEN

No comments: