Saturday, April 11, 2009

Death - The Wake Up Call?

Today, I got up at 5.30am after snoozing my alarm for half an hour and rushed to office thinking that I can spend the whole evening fiddling with my camera and planning some nice pictures. However, fate had something different planned for me.

While at work, I get my friend's skype message that my good friend & co-photographer has met with a serious accident with grave head injuries & that his wife died on the spot. I was so badly shocked to hear that as he's a frequent traveller and has travelled alone on his Royal Enfield to Leh-Ladak and other places. Such a cheerful, active & jolly person... and life shattered with an accident.

Death - A word that even the gods fear! Ah, such an unrestrained wild horse whom no one can control, just desire! Everybody is in search for the elixir of life, to gain immortality. Its such a rude wake up call, that can shatter anything and everything it touches. And, its shards hurts the near & dear ones till their time comes to bid farewell to this life.

Yet there are some, who wants to take mileage out of death like Pakistan. Death was passed out as a mere show of power by some jihadis, in the land that is controlled more by the rebels than the government. And, the mute, deaf & dumb governments blames India for the terrorist attack on Sri Lankan players touring their country. How easy is it to blame others for one's own lack of governance, security and peace? The international media & other super powers play the role of mute spectators watching the ongoing spat between India & Pakistan. They won't burn their fingers in this issue until the flame of jihad hit their own lands like 9/11.

Can death be a level playing field? It kinda feels so, of late!

No comments: